Wanted to share some of our call analytics data in regards to the importance of answering the dang phone when potential new patients call! 🙂 If you’re going to spend your hard earned money on any marketing, make sure to have accountability in place at your front desk, so that the calls are answered! Nobody likes leaving a voicemail, especially first time callers.
“If a phone rings in a practice
and no one is around to hear it,
does it make a sound?”
Here’s the breakdown of incoming prospective patient calls:
- 16.41% of calls occur after hours, between 5:01 p.m. – 7:59 a.m.
- 6.7% of calls occur over the weekend, Saturday & Sunday.
- 13.76% of calls occur during lunch hour, between 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Stagger the lunch breaks of the front desk staff, so someone is always available to answer the phone.
- Forward the calls to your cell phone or answering service after hours and over the weekends.
- Offer incentives ($20) to your staff for every appointment they schedule outside of regular business hours, if they will forward calls to their personal cell phone. (print out schedule for the next two weeks before they leave the office so they can schedule)